- Nationwide ATM fee refunds (up to $25)*
- 0.64% APY* on daily balances up to $10,000
- 0.64 - 0.19% APY on daily balances over $10,000 depending on balance in account*
- 0.01% APY* if qualifications aren't met
- Linked to U-Save for automatic savings
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- No monthly service charge
- Free Online Banking, Bill Pay and eStatements
- Free Visa® Debit Card
- Unlimited check writing
- $50 minimum deposit to open
Get more with your checking account, without worrying about a monthly service charge. Earn interest on your account balance and receive ATM refunds when you meet a few simple monthly qualifications*.
To get the rewards, simply meet the following requirements each monthly statement cycle:
- Debit Cards: Have at least 10 debit card purchases post and settle to your U Earn account
- Direct Deposit or ACH: Have at least one direct deposit or one automatic payment (ACH) post and settle to your U Earn account
- Electronic Statement: Customers must enroll account in Electronic Statements through Online Banking
It's that easy! And if you miss a statement cycle, don't worry. The account is still free and there's no penalty for not qualifying in a given cycle. The next cycle you qualify, you will get right back to earning interest and enjoying ATM refunds.
Effective Date: Sunday, January 26, 2020
|Don't Meet Qualifications||0.01%||0.01%|
|$0 - $10,000.00||0.54%||0.54%|
|Over $10,000.00||0.14%||0.54% - 0.18% depending on balance in the account and if qualifications are met|
Rates may change after account opening. $50 Minimum balance required to open the account. Fees may reduce earnings. You must be enrolled for and receive monthly eStatement notification to have this account.
*The minimum to open account is $50. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 11/1/2019. Rates may change after account is opened. For U-Earn, if qualifications are met each monthly statement cycle: (1) balances up to $10,000 receive APY of 0.64%, and balances over $10,000 earn 0.14% interest rate on portion of balance over $10,000, resulting in (2) 0.64% - 0.19% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met on U-Earn, all balances earn 0.01% APY. Qualifying transactions must post to and settle U-Earn account during monthly statement cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle account. The advertised U-Earn APY is based on compounding interest. U-Earn checking interest earned will be posted directly to associated U-Save account and does not compound. Actual interest amount paid may be less than advertised U-Earn APY. When monthly qualifications are met during the statement cycle ATM fees incurred on your U-Earn account during that cycle will be refunded up to $25. ATM receipt must be presented for refund of an ATM fee greater than $5.00. If qualifications in U-Earn are met each monthly statement cycle: (1) balances up to $10,000 in U-Save receive an APY of 0.54%; and (2) balances over $10,000 in U-Save earn 0.14% interest rate on portion of balance over $10,000, resulting in 0.54% - 0.18% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met on U-Earn, all balances in U-Save earn 0.01% APY. The minimum to open a U-Save is $10. The U-Save APYs may be less than U-Earn APYs. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. Fees may reduce earnings.