Identity Theft Education
Your security is of the utmost importance at Bank of Idaho. We believe that the best defense against online criminals is for us to keep you as informed as possible. Below is a practical set of tips to help you protect yourself against identity theft.
Identity theft can occur in a number of ways:
- Getting personal information off of bills or credit statements in the trash.
- Eavesdropping on personal transactions in public.
- Impersonating a bank or credit union in an email.
- Gathering information from a facsimile of a legitimate site.
Here are a few things you can do to prevent identity theft:
- Shred any documents with your social security number or credit information rather than throwing it away.
- Log off your computer when you leave it.
- Install anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your computer and run it at least every two weeks.
- Be wary of emails from sources you don't know.
Watch these videos for more useful information on how to prevent identity theft.